Kids, Kites, and Frights 2023
Soar High at Anadarko's Annual Kids' Kites and Frights Event
Anadarko, Oklahoma, is gearing up for one of its most anticipated events of the year—the annual Kids' Kites and Frights festival. This year’s festival is jam-packed with fun and excitement, so mark your calendars for October 21 from 10 AM to 5 PM because Kids’ Kites and Frights will be the place to be and Great American Kites will be adorning the sky above the Anadarko's Municipal Airport with huge colorful kites!
A Day of Fun and Festivity
The Kids' Kites and Frights event is a beloved tradition in Anadarko that has captivated families and children for years. It's a day filled with fun, laughter, creativity, and a dash of spooky excitement. Here is a glimpse of what you can expect at this year's event:
- Kite Flying Extravaganza: The heart of the event is undoubtedly the huge kites from Great American Kites that fly over the airport during the event.
- Free Activities for Kids: Bouncy houses, a Pumpkin Patch Maze, a sand play area, balloon artists, face painters, the Hallelujah train, and more!
- Costume Contest: Since the event falls so close to Halloween, it's perfect for showing off your spooky or creative costumes and maybe win a prize! The day includes a lively costume contest, so come dressed as your favorite character, mythical creature, or whatever inspires you. The contest will be at noon on the main stage. Contest age divisions are 0-2 years, 3-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 years, and 16 and older.
- SparkWheel sponsored 5K Fun Run/ 1-Mile Walk. This activity helps support youth in Anadarko Public Schools. RACE DETAILS: The 5K race begins at 8 AMin front of the Anadarko High School Gymnasium (1400 Warrior Way) and follows a course that will take you through Randlett Park before returning to the finish line at the High School. The 1-mile walk will begin after the 5K runners have all cleared the starting line. Costumes are optional (but encouraged). The 5K registration fee is $25 if paid by October 13. The registration fee is $35 if paid October 14 up until race time.
Register now at https://bit.ly/AnadarkoFunRun and secure your spot at the starting line! Let's run, walk, and have a blast together. See you there! We're always looking for awesome volunteers to help with the event! To join our volunteer team, visit https://bit.ly/2023KKF5k
- Food and Craft Vendors: Stroll through the vendor areas to sample delicious local food, browse unique handmade crafts, and take home a souvenir from your fun day.
- Live Entertainment: Throughout the day, live music and entertainment will keep the energy high and the smiles wide, and the strolling performers will surely leave you enchanted and entertained. The stage will include:
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Anadarko HS & MS Native American Dance Troup & Drum Group
10:45 AM - 11:30 AM O Ho Mah Lodge Singers & Dancers
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Manny the Dragon Muro Dragon Academy
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Costume Contest
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM AMS Cheer & Little League Cheer
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Brighton Varner Singer
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Jimmy Gouge Music DJ
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Blake Taylor & Friends Music
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Josiah Lovett Music
- Announcing the Ultimate Hands-free Pumpkin Pie Eating Showdown: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and ghouls, it's time to unleash your inner pie-devouring champion at the Anadarko Kids, Kites, and Frights Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest! Get ready for a heart-pounding, pie-filling extravaganza that will leave your taste buds dancing.
The Contest Details: Multiple Heats Starting at 1:30 PM: We are not just serving up one round of pie-eating fun – depending on participation, we will have multiple heats lined up! That means more chances for you to prove you are the pie-eating MVP of Southwest Oklahoma!
Championship Round: Once the crumbs settle from the heats, the fastest and most fearless pie eaters will face off in the championship round. Here, we will crown our Pumpkin Pie Eating Champion – will it be you?
No Hands Allowed: This contest is not for the faint of heart or the dainty eaters. Participants must devour their pumpkin pies without using their hands! That is right, folks, it's a hands-free battle of gastronomic gusto.
How to Participate:
- Entry Fee: Here is the scoop: For just $10, you can secure your spot in this epic, hands-free pie-eating extravaganza. That is right, ten bucks is all it takes to become a contender for the pumpkin pie crown!
- Sign Up: Register for the contest at the Anadarko Community Library, 215 W Broadway Anadarko, OK 73005, before October 21 or at the event registration booth on October 21 before 1:00 PM. Space is limited, so be quick – the pies won't wait!
- Gear Up: Participants will receive a pumpkin pie and a bib to protect their Halloween best from becoming a pie masterpiece.
- Get Ready: Line up with your fellow contestants and prepare for the culinary showdown of the season.
- Eat Like a Pro: When the signal sounds, dig in! Remember, no hands are allowed – it's all about strategy, speed, and maybe a little pumpkin pie prowess.
The Glory and Prizes: What is in it for you besides a belly full of delicious pumpkin goodness? We have some treats for the winners, including fame, glory, and a pumpkin-tastic prize that will make your taste buds do the cha-cha.
A Spooky Good Time for All: Even if you are not up for the pie-eating challenge, the Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest promises plenty of laughter, cheering, and all-around good times. Grab a seat, bring your loudest cheering voice, and watch as participants tackle the ultimate pumpkin pie challenge.
- Car Show: At the Anadarko Municipal Airport 10 AM – 2 PM Classic’s & Modern Best Paint, Best Interior, Best in Show. $10 entry (Best in Show takes half the entry funds); for more information, contact the Anadarko Chamber at 405-933-2568 or 405-247-1767 to register.
- Community Spirit: The Kids' Kites and Frights event is more than just a day of entertainment; it is a celebration of community. It brings together people of all ages, backgrounds, and interests, fostering a sense of togetherness that is truly special.
Getting Involved: If you're interested in participating as a vendor or volunteer, contact the City of Anadarko at 405-247-7351 for more information on how you can get involved and help make Anadarko's Kids' Kites and Frights event a huge success.
Please join us in thanking our Awesome Event Sponsors:
Titanium Sponsors: Delaware Nation, Waste Connection
Gold Sponsors: Haynes Equipment Co. LLC, Wichita Affiliated Tribes, NFP, WDB Engineering, M&T Septic
Silver Sponsors: Tanner Salyer State Farm, Caddo County Abstract, First State Bank, Western Farmers Electric CO-OP, Gold River Casino, Oklahoma Natural Gas, Rural Wellness Anadarko, AVEM, Warrior Mart, Bill East Bail Bonds, Hutches, Standley Systems, T – Mobile, Howard Construction, Hutches, MidAmerica Hydro Tech, CK Energy
Bronze Sponsors: Industry Systems, LLC, Bank of Commerce, UTS, Chisholm Trail Engineering
Pumpkin Patch Sponsors: Soda Fountain Eatery, George's Department Store, Ms. Daisy's Place
Other Event Donors: McClain Electric, Ryburn Construction, K & L Supply, Core Main, SparkWheel
Plan Your Visit Now!
Anadarko's annual Kids' Kites and Frights event promises a day of family-friendly fun you will not want to miss. Whether you don a costume, indulge in tasty treats, or soak up the vibrant atmosphere, this event has something for everyone.
So, mark your calendars for October 21, from 10 AM to 5 PM, and head to Anadarko Municipal Airport for a day of soaring kites and fall festival delights. This community celebration will create lasting memories for you and your family. We hope to see you there!For more information, you contact: the City of Anadarko at email@example.com or Events @ (405) 247-5555 x129
Sponsor and Vendor information:
If you are interested in being a local sponsor or making a donation, additional information is linked below, or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405) 247 – 2481 x 115.
2023 Kids, Kites, and Frights Sponsor Flyer
The City of Anadarko is accepting vendor applications. For additional information, contact the City Of Anadarko at email@example.com, or Regina, at (405) 247-2483 X115. The vendor application is also linked below.
Kids, Kites, and Frights 2023 Vendor Form